Italian Wedding Soup from VJCJenn
* 1/2 lb lean ground beef
* 1 egg, slightly beaten
* 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
* 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
* 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
* 5 3/4 cups chicken broth
* 2 cups chopped escarole or chopped spinach
* 1/2 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
* 1/3 cup finely chopped carrot
* grated parmesan cheese
1. In medium bowl combine, meat, egg,bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, basil& onion powder; shape into 3/4″ balls.
2. In large sauce pan, heat broth to boiling; stir in spinach, orzo, carrot& meatballs.
3. Return to boil;reduce heat to medium.
4. Cook at slow boil for 10 minutes or until orzo is tender.
5. Stir frequently to avoid sticking.
6. Serve with additional Parmesan