Apple Pie from Bednarova
2 pie crusts (I use premade/pillsbury, because I’m lazy)
2 Honeycrisp apples
2 Granny Smith apples
2 Golden Delicious apples
2 Fuji Apples
1/3c white sugar
1/3c brown sugar
1Tbsp Corn Starch
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1Tbsp lemon juice
2-3 Tbsp Butter.
1. Preheat the oven to 450 deg.
2. Peel, core and slice apples, place them in a bowl. (I cut the apples into quarters and then use my food processor and get really thin slices)
3. Add sugar, corn starch, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon juice to apples. Combine until apples are well coated.
4. In a 9in pie dish, unroll one crust. Pour apple mixture into the pie dish. Sprinkle small cubes of butter on top of apples, evenly distributed.
5. Cover pie with 2nd pie crust. Crimp crust to your liking. (I use my thumbs). Make sure to vent top crust – I cut the greek letter PI, my mom carves an A.
6. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes. Then bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes until golden brown.
7. Serve warm with Breyers Vanilla Ice Cream.
*Note – my pies always bubble over, so, I make sure the 2 racks in my oven are close. The pie goes on the one in the middle of the oven, and a cookie sheet goes onto the under the pie to catch the drips.