Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes From Lauranne
* 5 pounds red potatoes, cut into chunks
* 1 tablespoon minced garlic, or to taste
* 3 cubes chicken bouillon
* 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
* 1/2 cup butter
* salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the potatoes, garlic, and bouillon until potatoes are tender but firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, reserving water. In a bowl, mash potatoes with sour cream and cream cheese, adding reserved water as needed to attain desired consistency.
2. Transfer the potato mixture to a slow cooker, cover, and cook on Low for 2 to 3 hours. Just before serving, stir in butter and season with salt and pepper to taste.
*I usually don’t put in the stick of butter, and they taste just fine.