Tortilla Crusted Tilapia from MrsNDM
4 fillets tilapia
6 corn tortillas, torn into pieces
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon lime juice
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
1 beaten egg
1. Preheat oven to 375°F Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Place tortilla pieces, pepper, lime juice, cilantro and spices in blender. Pulse until the mixture is uniform small crumbs. Spread on plate.
3. Beat egg in shallow dish.
4. Dip each fillet in egg, then in crumbs, patting crumbs to adhere. Place on baking sheet.
5. Bake until fish flakes, about 15 minutes depending on thickness of fillets.