2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 cup sugar
2 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 bag Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses, unwrapped and frozen solid
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat baking sheet.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar, then add the egg and vanilla. Slowly, with the mixer turned to low, add the flour mixture, mixing until combined.
Warning: This is a very thick dough. I ended up mixing it by hand because my dinky hand-mixer protested mightily.
4. Place rounded tablespoons of dough onto baking sheet.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies begin to crack on the top.
6. Press one Kiss into the top of each cookie immediately upon removal from the oven. Cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.