Chocolate Mint Thumbprints from Gracie2762
Source: Betty Crocker
Yields about 2 dozen cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
2 egg yolks
16 drops green food coloring
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
3 tablespoons whipping cream
3 tablespoons butter
18 Andes mints, unwrapped, cut in half diagonally
1. Heat oven to 350. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In large bowl, beat 1 cup butter and the powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in peppermint extract, egg yolks and food coloring until blended. On low speed, beat in flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. With your finger, press a deep well into center of each cookie.
4. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Reshape wells with finger. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely; about 15 minutes.
5. In medium microwaveable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, cream and 3 tablespoons butter on High 1 minute, whisking frequently until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Fill each well with about 1 teaspoon chocolate mixture; garnish with Andes mint piece. Let stand about 1 hour until chocolate is set.