Butternut Squash Fries from HoosierTerp
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and preheat oven to 450ºF. Place a baking sheet or large nonstick skillet in the oven while it’s heating.
2. Meanwhile, peel and seed a butternut squash and slice into thin, french-fry-like strips.
3. Cook the butternut fries in the boiling water for 3 minutes, then drain and place in an ice bath to stop the cooking. Drain, place on a dish towel, and pat dry.
4. Remove the baking sheet or skillet from the oven, and spray lightly nonstick spray. Dump the fries onto the pan, spray with nonstick spray, and sprinkle on your favorite seasoning (I like a southwestern blend.)
5. Roast for 20-30 minutes total, turning occasionally, until evenly browned.