Glazed Salmon with Onion from Bailey1806
I had NEVER thought to serve onion with salmon but I really liked the combination.
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 cup long grain white rice
1 head broccoli, chopped, stems discarded
4 pieces skinless salmon fillet
1 large red onion, cut into wedges
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper
1. Heat broiler. In a bowl, combine the sugar and soy sauce and set aside.
2. Cook the rice according to the package directions, stirring in the broccoli during the last three minutes. Let stand off heat until the broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. ***This is when I, as a desperate housewife, flip on my rice steamer and put frozen broccoli in to the microwave and, viola!***
3. Meanwhile, place the salmon and the onion on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
4. Broil, spooning half the sugar and soy sauce glaze over the salmon during the last two minutes of cooking, until the salmon is opaque throughout, 8-10 minutes total.
5. Serve the salmon and onion with the rice and the remaining glaze.